Thursday, April 5, 2012

Facebook > Myspace

    Facebook has become the biggest social networking cite an has changed the world of social media forever. But what did I use before Facebook? I used Myspace. Facebook is definitely the social networking cite that I use the most and also like the most compared to all the others.
    Why do I use Facebook?:
  • to socialize with my existing friends
  • to instant message with friends
  • to post and view pictures
  • to learn about companies
  • to listen to music
  • to connect with people I meet
  • to stay connected with people I can't see in person
    Facebook is functional for me because it is fast and easy way to stay connected with family, friends, news, and corporations. I think Facebook would be better if the user could personalize his or her profile by being able to change the template, design, and colors of the profile. Facebook's essential quality is its ability to be collaborative. Facebook allows people to create groups and events based off of similar interests.

This is one of my favorite functions of Facebook. This function allows me to see how other people view my profile, whether it be family, friend, or the public. This allows me to make sure my privacy settings are how I want them to be.
    Back to Myspace; I used to use Myspace as much as I use Facebook now. The reason I stopped using Myspace was because Facebook came out with a way of social networking that was easier to use and was more effecient. I also stopped using Myspace because everyone else had done so as well. I did not continue to use it because no one else was really using it. Myspace had this niche of high school ge viewers; so once I got to college I felt the need to use Facebook as my main social networking hub. I also like the aesthetic look to Facebook better than Myspace. Lets just say once you go Facebook you never go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment