Sunday, May 13, 2012

New Technology: We can move things with our minds?!?


Check out this video; it is pretty cool!                                                                                                                                  

  • Apparently, this new technology allows the user who is hooked up to the computer program, control things with their mind. I know you are probably saying "what, no way," but it is true; just watch the video and you will get a better sense of what I am talking about. I think that this new invention definitely helps the human connection. While I think that the new invention can help the human connection, I don't believe that it will have a huge impact on our society. 
  • Advantages:
    • Can make for a better, cooler, and more engaging gaming experience.
    • Can allow people to be comfortable in their own home by controlling simple things like lights and blinds.
    • Can allow for persons in wheel chairs to control their wheel chairs with simple facial gestures, making it easier to get around.
  • Disadvantages:
    • This technology could potentially make capable people more lazy; For example, are you too lazy to get up and shut the blinds or turn off the lights? 
    • Awkward looking headset: I feel that most people will not want to where the headset unless they are within the comfort of their home or in private.
  • All in all while I think this technology is cool, I don't think that is going to help humans connect and/or participate more within the world of human communication. I guess I would say that it's just another isolated feature within our technical world. It is not going to help humans connect and participate more, because it does not require any communication with anyone, just a computer program. It would be more useful if this invention could be used to communicate with other humans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment